March 21, 2023
Summer is here, and there’s no better way to celebrate than by making a delicious infused tart! You’ll love the buttery tart crust paired with the subtle sweetness of whipped coconut cream and fresh fruit, topped with Care by Design 1:1 Tincture and a healthy drizzle of honey. Whip this dessert up as an infused treat at the end of your summer get-together and your friends will thank you!
To make our tart crust, all you need is 5 simple ingredients. Made with almond flour and coconut flour and lightly sweetened with maple syrup, this tart crust is naturally gluten-free. Next up is our homemade whipped cream filling, which you can make with coconut cream or heavy whipping cream. I love the faint taste of coconut with fruit, so I opted for the dairy-free route, but either will taste deliciously creamy. It’s optional, but we added a heaping spoonful of condensed coconut milk to the whipped cream mixture for an extra hint of coconut.
Finish off your fruit tart with the best berries and tree-ripened stone fruits the season has to offer! You could even make a version with tropical fruits like mango and pineapple if you wanted to, making this versatile recipe one you’ll make over and over. The opportunities are endless, so be creative!
Makes 10 servings Approx. 8mg CBD and 8mg THC per serving
For the crust
2 cups + 2 tbsp almond flour
¼ cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
¼ tsp sea salt
3 tbsp maple syrup
3-4 tbsp coconut oil
For the filling
2 13.5 oz cans coconut cream, refrigerated overnight OR heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk or coconut milk (optional)
Rubber or offset spatula
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a tart pan. In a bowl, combine all crust ingredients in a bowl. Start with 3 tbsp coconut oil and if the mixture still needs more moisture to come together, add the last tbsp.
2. Transfer crust mixture to tart pan. Using your hands, evenly press mixture into pan. Poke several holes in the crust and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Allow to chill fully.
3. Spoon only the solid part of the refrigerated coconut cream into a bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip coconut cream for a few seconds, until it resembles a whipped cream consistency. Be careful not to over-whip! You can also use heavy whipping cream if you consume dairy.
4. Add maple syrup and optional sweetened condensed milk or coconut milk and whip again.
5. Transfer whipped cream mixture to cooled tart crust and spread evenly with a spatula.
6. Top with sliced fresh fruit.
7. Drop Care by Design Full Spectrum CBD Drops onto fruit. Add a drizzle of honey and enjoy immediately.
Annie currently lives in Orange County. She creates gluten-free, dairy-free recipes that highlight whole ingredients in their natural beauty. Her recipes have been featured on Huffington Post, Buzzfeed Food, Brit + Co, Foodgawker, Tastespotting, Daily Fit Fix, Paleo Grubs, The Primitive Palate, and more. Over it all, she loves defying the odds and making (and eating) gluten and dairy-free foods that still taste great.